What’s Happened so far
Things are just getting started with MagentoForce. I have already taken many steps to get to this point. Just to keep everyone involved in all aspects of the project I am going to cover what I have done so far:
- Purchased the domain name MagentoForce.com
- Setup a new server on Amazon AWS for hosting and development work
- Downloaded and installed Magento 220.127.116.11
- Uninstalled Magento 18.104.22.168 (I will have a followup post explaining why)
- Downloaded and installed Magento 22.214.171.124
- Downloaded and installed WordPress
- Setup a Salesforce developer account
- Setup a gmail account
- Various security tweaks
Throughout this project I will do my best to explain every detail of what I have done to make MagentoForce happen. Please post a comment if you have any specific questions regarding a process. To keep everything very straight forward, I will not be doing any theming on Magento nor this WordPress.
Now that I officially have a web presence I will be focusing more on the project itself and getting Salesforce and Magento talking. I have already decided on the high-level design on the project and will explain that in a later blog post. I am currently trying to decided whether I would like to use the Magento REST API or the Magento SOAP API. Although I am more familiar with the Magento SOAP API, I would really like to utilize the latest technologies of Magento’s REST API. The only downside I see so far is that the Magento REST API is going to require that I use OAuth. Over the next week or two I am going to start looking in to getting OAuth functioning in APEX.