Progress is being made on the core of the application. I have OAuth functioning, thanks to some help from the SFDC OAuth Playground project. With the exclusion of some error handling I already have a library communicating with Magento’s REST API. Lastly, I’ve proven the concept of transferring data between Magento and Salesforce. Now the difficult questions are starting to pop up:
- What to use as a trigger for the synchronization?
- Button (Manual)
- Scheduled Task (Automated)
- What data to synchronize and in which direction?
- Orders / Opportunities
- Customers / Accounts
- Inventory Values
- How dynamic to make the integration?
- Allow the user to select which fields are mapped
- Allow the user to enable and disable certain functionality
- How resilient to make each function?
- For example, if you are trying to import an order from Magento in to Salesforce and a product from the order does not yet exist in Salesforce should it be automatically created or fail?
As much as I would like to accommodate all of the features listed above I feel that I may never complete the project if I try to take on everything.